Next Playwright/ Playread Workshop: Date TBC.
Submissions are now being accepted for this event.
Calling New Writers!
An opportunity to develop and workshop your writing at our Studio in Warren Street! Chosen writers will have a section of their script rehearsed for approximately 2 hours with our trained actors. There will then be a staged reading in front of an invited audience, with a Q&A session, critical feedback & networking. We select 2-3 playwrights to work with per session. If you have an interest in developing your work using professional actors, please read the submission guidelines below and submit the required information to . Please note incomplete submissions may not be accepted.
1. A covering letter explaining why you would like to be part of the event, what you would like to focus on specifically during the workshop and what you hope to gain from the overall experience.
2. 10 – 15 pages of your script. This should be the scene or scene/s that you wish to be read at our Playwright/PlayRead Event.
3. A short summary about your play (One paragraph maximum).
4. A brief biography of you as a playwright (One paragraph maximum).
5. A clear cast list (our preference is for plays that require a maximum of 6 actors – this can include doubling of characters where appropriate)
Please look out for characters being cast across our social media pages. Where possible, actors will work on multiple scripts. All actors need to be available on from midday on the day of the event until 9:30pm. All interested applicants should email submissions to email@example.com. Please make sure your email submission clearly includes the following:
1. Email Subject: CASTING
2. Which character/characters you would like to be considered for.
3. Include a headshot (professional where possible).
4. A link to your CV, spotlight or castingcallpro page.
5. Confirm that you are available from midday on Sunday 12th November.
6. Please also specify if you have trained in Meisner and specifically who with/how long for.
To attend as an audience member and witness exciting new work being developed, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org (don't forget to BYOB!)
Rotating Wheels, Rotating Dreams by Charlotte Jennings
Fatima – Reena Lalbihari
Gina – Odera Ndujiuba
Cyrus – Kamal Lotus
Officer – Geraldine Brennan
Brother – Marcel Whyte
The Sunlit Uplands by Kate Pettigrew
Charlie West – Adam Bone
Rachel – Anna Christian
Seb Goldenfed – Olly Hewett
Betsy – Lauren Cooney
Tom– Stephen Christos
The Grand by David Hendon
Adam – Marc Aldridge
Gita – Llila Vis
Lara – Sophie Spreadbury
Estate by Kaethe Cherney
Synopsis: 'Estate' examines the sticky triangle of love, inheritance and grief with humour and pathos, showing how magical thinking can lead to unimaginable results.
Minna - Law Ballard
Renee - Elena Harding
Gwen - Miranda Magee
D-Composing by Stuart Pursell
Synopsis: D-composing is a comic journey of self-discovery, following the story of anti-hero Marcus Daydreamer, an ordinary young man living in an extraordinary world.
Miss Croft - Rimca Karmakar
Marcus Daydreamer - Ben Hubbard
Chief Inspector Roundhole - Maria Cole
Junior Inspector Squarepeg - James Knapp
Melody - Katrin Kasper
Once Was Home by Dan Horrigan
Laura - Helen Rose Hampton
Adam - Tom Sawyer
Mike - Charlie Macgechan
Blood Snow by Sarah Dave
Lula - Siobhan Birmingham
Skolt - Paul Hughes
Ruotta - Charlie Macgechan
Skewed Judgement by Jamie Christian
Claudine - Marissa Michelle Joseph
Ad - Sam Landon
James - Chris Hoskins
Peter - Stephen Christos
Mikhail - Mateusz Lapsa-Malawski