Next Playwright/ Playread Workshop: Sunday 12th November 6:30pm
Submissions are now being accepted for this event.
Calling New Writers!
An opportunity to develop and workshop your writing at our Studio in Warren Street! Chosen writers will have a section of their script rehearsed for approximately 2 hours with our trained actors. There will then be a staged reading in front of an invited audience, with a Q&A session, critical feedback & networking. We select 2-3 playwrights to work with per session. If you have an interest in developing your work using professional actors, please read the submission guidelines below and submit the required information to email@example.com. Please note incomplete submissions may not be accepted.
1. A covering letter explaining why you would like to be part of the event, what you would like to focus on specifically during the workshop and what you hope to gain from the overall experience.
2. 10 – 15 pages of your script. This should be the scene or scene/s that you wish to be read at our Playwright/PlayRead Event.
3. A short summary about your play (One paragraph maximum).
4. A brief biography of you as a playwright (One paragraph maximum).
5. A clear cast list (our preference is for plays that require a maximum of 6 actors – this can include doubling of characters where appropriate)
Please look out for characters being cast across our social media pages. Where possible, actors will work on multiple scripts. All actors need to be available on from midday on the day of the event until 9:30pm. All interested applicants should email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure your email submission clearly includes the following:
1. Email Subject: CASTING
2. Which character/characters you would like to be considered for.
3. Include a headshot (professional where possible).
4. A link to your CV, spotlight or castingcallpro page.
5. Confirm that you are available from midday on Sunday 12th November.
6. Please also specify if you have trained in Meisner and specifically who with/how long for.
To attend as an audience member and witness exciting new work being developed, please email: email@example.com (don't forget to BYOB!)
Playwrights we have supported
Lula - Siobhan Birmingham
Skolt - Paul Hughes
Ruotta - Charlie Macgechan
Minna - Law Ballard
Renee - Elena Harding
Gwen - Miranda Magee
ONCE WAS HOME
Helen Rose Hampton
Adam - Tom Sawyer
Mike - Charlie Macgechan
Marissa Michelle Joseph
Ad - Sam Landon
James - Chris Hoskins
Peter - Stephen Christos
Mikhail - Mateusz Lapsa-Malawski
Adam – Marc Aldridge
Gita – Llila Vis
Lara – Sophie Spreadbury
Looks at different generations and the chances we give them and explores whether we spend too much time fixing the older generation and ignoring the younger one. It also asks the question; do people deserve second chance, when they ruin the life of another?
THE SUNLIGHT UPLANDS
Charlie West – Adam Bone
Rachel – Anna Christian
Seb Goldenfed –
Betsy – Lauren Cooney
Tom– Stephen Christos
Miss Croft -
Marcus Daydreamer -
Chief Inspector Roundhole - Maria Cole
Junior Inspector Squarepeg - James Knapp
Melody - Katrin Kasper
Fatima – Reena Lalbihari
Gina – Odera Ndujiuba
Cyrus – Kamal Lotus
Officer – Geraldine Brennan
Brother – Marcel Whyte
DAYS IN THE WAKE
is about a tragic event that took place during the early hours of Christmas morning outside a pub. Jake, a young man, punches an older man after an argument and the older man dies after striking his head on the pavement. It deals with the lives affected by it and local peoples' attitudes to what happened.